Saturday, September 17, 2011

Golden Field and Gray Sky.

Yesterday evening, I went out to an open, golden field with stacked hay bales for an hour photo session with the Coutu family. The sky was looking very gray and dull, and the breeze was chilly, but their moods were incredibly happy. The two adorable boys were so ecstatic about having a chance to play on the hay bales, and the dogs were running around, happily. The mother was enjoying herself, watching her kids having the time of their lives. The energy was extremely positive.

Working with this great family was a huge experience for me, because I never worked with more than two people at a photo session. It took me a while to learn their energy and work with them. At the end of the session, I was feeling very good about the pictures that I took. I knew that this photo session was important to them, because they chose me to take family portraits of them. It was a huge upgrade for them because they went from Wal-Mart photo studio to an outdoor and fun photo session with me.

What a huge opportunity, and my portfolio is growing!

2 comments:

  1. A wonderful shoot Karli. I enjoy reading your blogs too. They are so insightful as to how you felt about the day and the session.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mum for writing this comment from my account, teehee. <3

    ReplyDelete