Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My Little NYC Adventure.


My little adventure to New York city with my boyfriend Jordan was out of pure spontaneity. When we discovered that the four hour bus ride from Washington to New York was so so inexpensive, we decided to seize the opportunity! The reason why we went to NYC together was to celebrate our 2 year anniversary. Enjoy the blog post about our 12 hour adventure in the Big Apple!
After the four hour long bus ride we stepped off into an unfamiliar world. We stood in awe as we took in the sights of the surrounding unique, beautiful buildings and breathed in the buzzing energy. We  initially explored Time Square then grabbed some brunch at Bloom's cafe. The top three things we were immediately aware of were: the abundance of lights, yellow taxi cabs scattered everywhere, and the masses of  people. 
Once we satisfied our tummies, I flagged down my very first yellow taxi cab for us! I was so nervous 'cause I wasn't sure if they would notice me. Approximately two seconds after my initial wave, a taxi pulled over and we were on our way to Central Park! It was such a fun experience =)
Once we entered Central Park, the busy hustle and bustle feeling of the city faded away. Even though we were surrounded by thousands of people in the park, the peaceful atmosphere and permeating beauty touched our hearts. Next on our ‘don’t miss list” was a horse carriage ride. We spent some time visiting the available horses and picked one named Dorian, her personality reminded me of my Golden Retriever, Buddy. She loved it when I stroked her forehead and her fuzzy nose. Our ride around the park lasted roughly 20 minutes, We rode the horse carriage for about 20 minutes around the park. It was delightful and pretty romantic =)
After our romantic ride around the park, we continued to check out the area. Our desire to explore the entire park was similar to the phrase ‘bitting off more than you can chew!’ Sheesh - that park was crazy huge! We were getting hungry, so we (again) flagged a cab and went to a cute little pizza parlor really close to Time Square called "Nizza". Their pizza was much different than other pizzas I tried, and it was very yummy!
As the sun set, we could barely notice it was dark outside because of all the lights from Time Square. We were grateful that despite our short stay that we were able to experience New York's nightlife. We now have an understanding of why people call New York - the city that never sleeps - 'cause it actually doesn't sleep!
Throughout the whole visit, I absolutely felt like I was in a movie. Many of the sights I saw in New York, I have already seen in movies and pictures. During the bus ride back to Washington my reflections of the day felt surreal. I'm grateful that I had this spontaneous opportunity with Jordan! (Thanks Jordan for going on such a spontaneous adventure with me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment